The robot is based on a John Deere XUV 855D Gator. The vehicle is equipped with a 17 kW diesel engine, an automatic gearbox, an on-demand true four-wheel drive system and 4 fully independent dual A-arm suspensions which makes it especially suitable for rough terrain. Additionally, a Drive-by-Wire system has been added to the car which turns the series model into an autonomous one. Based on this modification, the Gator is completely controllable by a computer which comprises gas, brakes, steering, gear shift and also the lights and the ignition.
The front side of the vehicle is equipped with a bunch of sensors which are evaluated in the forest and the field, e.g. two stereo and two time-of-flight cameras.
- Behavior-Based Obstacle Detection in Off-Road Environments Considering Data Quality.
Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics , Vol. 495, S. 786 - 809. (2020)
- Combining Onthologies and Behavior-Based Control for Aware Navigation in Challenging Off-Road Environments.
Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (ICINCO 2019), S. 135 - 146. (2019)
- Segmentation of Very Sparse and Noisy Point Clouds.
ICACR 2019, S. 119 - 124. (2019)
- Behavior-Based Low-Level Control for (semi-) Autonomous Vehicles in Rough Terrain.
Proceedings of ISR 2018, S. 386 - 393. (2018)
- Combining Behavior-Based and Contract-Based Control Architectures for Behavior Optimization of Networked Autonomous Vehicles in Unstructured Environments.
Commercial Vehicle Technology 2018. Proceedings of the 5th Commercial Vehicle Technology Symposium – CVT 2018, S. 324 - 335. (2018)
- Local Behavior-Based Navigation in Rough Off-Road Scenarios based on Vehicle Kinematics.
2018 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), S. 719 - 724. (2018)
- Multi Feature Maps for Autonomous Off-Road Navigation in Rough Environments.
- Ontologies for Situation-Aware, Autonomous Navigation in Challenging Off-Road Environments.
- Realistic Simulation of GPS Signal Quality for Autonomous Robots by using Virtual Satellites.
- Object Tracking and Movement Prediction.
- Quality-Based Behavior-Based Control for Autonomous Robots in Rough Environments.
Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (ICINCO 2017), Vol. 1, S. 513 - 524. (2017)
- An Adaptive Detection Approach for Autonomous Forest Path Following using Stereo Vision.
Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV 2016), (2016)
- Structured Design of Quality-Sensitive Behavior-Based Perception Systems.
- Using OpenStreetMap for Autonomous Mobile Robot Navigation.
Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Intelligent Autonomous Systems (IAS-14), (2016)
- A Stereo Vision Based Obstacle Detection System for Agricultural Applications.
Proceedings of Field and Service Robotics (FSR), (2015)