Alexander Renner was born in 1982 in Mainz. He studied computer science at the University of Kaiserslautern from 2001 to 2008. Computer architecture, embedded systems and robotics were his area of studies. He broadened his knowledge of robotics by laboratory and project thesis. Title of his diploma thesis is 'Water Detection for Autonomous Off-road Navigation'. Since summer 2008 he works as PhD student at the Robotics Research Lab of the department of computer science. His research topics are envirnonment recognition and local navigation.
- Orientierungsbestimmung bei mobilen Robotern unter Verwendung von Magnetfeldsensoren.
- Water Detection for mobile Off-road Robotics.
- RAVON — The Robust Autonomous Vehicle for Off-road Navigation.
Proceedings of the IARP International Workshop on Robotics for Risky Interventions and Environmental Surveillance 2009 (RISE 2009), (2009-January 12–14)
- RAVON – The Robust Autonomous Vehicle for Off-road Navigation.
Using robots in hazardous environments, (2010)
- Perception of Environment Properties Relevant for Off-road Navigation.
Autonome Mobile Systeme 2009, S. 201 - 208. (2009-December 3-4)