Martin Proetzsch studied computer science at the University of Kaiserslautern from 1998 to 2004. His areas of studies were autonomous mobile robots, electrical engineering, computer graphics, and distributed systems. In his diploma thesis "Behavior-Based Motion Control of an Autonomous Four Wheel Steering Outdoor Vehicle" the development of a control system for a vehicle used in rough off-road terrain is described. From 2004 to 2010 he was employed as scientific assistant and PhD student at the Robotics Research Lab, University of Kaiserslautern. His PhD thesis "Development Process for Complex Behavior-Based Robot Control Systems" deals with the design and analysis of behavior-based autonomous systems.
- Behaviour-based Motion Control for Offroad Navigation.
International Workshop on Humanitarian Demining (HUDEM), (2004-June 16-18)
- Behaviour-Based Motion Control of an Autonomous Four Wheel Steering Outdoor Vehicle.
- Fault-Tolerant Behavior-Based Motion Control for Offroad Navigation.
Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), S. 4697 - 4702. (2005-April 18-22)
- Extension Approach for the Behaviour-Based Control System of the Outdoor Robot RAVON.
Autonome Mobile Systeme, S. 123 - 129. (2005-December 8-9)
- Stereo-Vision-Based Obstacle Avoidance in Rough Outdoor Terrain.
International Symposium on Motor Control and Robotics (ISMCR), (2005-November)
- Pose Estimation in Rough Terrain for the Outdoor Vehicle RAVON.
Proceedings for the joint conference of ISR 2006 and ROBOTIK 2006, Vol. 1956, S. 1956 - 1965. (2006-May 15-17)
- RAVON - A Robust Autonomous Vehicle for Off-road Navigation.
European Land Robot Trial - ELROB, (2006-May)
- Fault-Tolerant 3D Localization for Outdoor Vehicles.
IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), S. 941 - 946. (2006-October 9-15)
- Formal Verification of Safety Behaviours of the Outdoor Robot RAVON.
Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (ICINCO 2007), S. 157 - 164. (2007-May 9-12)
- OBSTACLE DETECTION IN MOBILE OUTDOOR ROBOTS - A Short-term Memory for the Mobile Outdoor Platform RAVON.
Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics 2007 (ICINCO 2007), S. 141 - 148. (2007-May 9-12)
- The Behaviour-Based Control Architecture iB2C for Complex Robotic Systems.
Proceedings of the 30th Annual German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI), S. 494 - 497. (2007-September 10-13)
- The Behaviour-Based Control Architecture iB2C for Complex Robotic Systems (extended version).
- 3D Obstacle Detection and Avoidance in Vegetated Off-road Terrain.
Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), S. 923 - 928. (2008-May 19-23)
- Action/Perception-Oriented Robot Software Design. An Application in Off-road Terrain.
IEEE 10th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV), (2008-December 17–20)
- RAVON — The Robust Autonomous Vehicle for Off-road Navigation.
Proceedings of the IARP International Workshop on Robotics for Risky Interventions and Environmental Surveillance 2009 (RISE 2009), (2009-January 12–14)
- RAVON – The Robust Autonomous Vehicle for Off-road Navigation.
Using robots in hazardous environments, (2010)
- Applications of Visualization Technology in Robotics Software Development.
4th Human Computer Interaction and Visualization (HCIV) Workshop 2009, (2009-March 2)
- Development of Complex Robotic Systems Using the Behavior-Based Control Architecture iB2C.
Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 58, Nr. 1, S. 46 - 67. (2010-January)
- Oscillation Analysis in Behavior-Based Robot Architectures.
Autonome Mobile Systeme, S. 121 - 128. (2009)
- Simulation and Control of an Autonomous Bucket Excavator for Landscaping Tasks.
Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2010), S. 5108 - 5113. (2010-May 3-8)
- A Behaviour-based Integration of Fully Autonomous, Semi-autonomous and Tele-operated Control Modes for an Off-road Robot.
Proceedings of the 2nd IFAC Symposium on Telematics Applications, (2010-October 5-8)
- Ein autonomer mobiler Roboter für effizientes flächendeckendes Fahren.
- Development Process for Complex Behavior-Based Robot Control Systems.
RRLab Dissertations, Verlag Dr. Hut (2010)
- A Systematic Testing Approach for Autonomous Mobile Robots Using Domain-Specific Languages.
KI 2010, Vol. 6359, S. 317 - 324. (2010)
- Behaviour-Based Off-Road Robot Navigation.
KI - Künstliche Intelligenz, Vol. 25, Nr. 2, S. 155 - 160. (2011-May)
- Tutorial. Control System Development using iB2C.
- The Behaviour-Based Architecture iB2C.