Norbert Schmitz was born in 1980 in Arad (Romania). After his Abitur in Ludwigshafen am Rhein he studied Computer Science at the University of Kaiserslautern from 2000 to 2005. He wrote his diploma thesis in the robotics research lab with the title 'Satelite localisation and sensor fusion for mobile outdoor robot localisation'. He is a PhD student of the department of computer science since January 2006. The thesis entiteled 'Dynamic modeling of humans for natural human-robot-interaction' was submitted in January 2011. Since February he is working at psb intralogistics GmbH in Pirmasens/Germany. Since May 2012 he is working at the Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz DFKI) in the research group Augmented Vision under supervision of Prof. Stricker.
- Satellitenortung und Sensorfusion zur Lokalisierung von Fahrzeugen in unstrukturierter Umgebung.
- Aufbau eines Regelkreises zur Druckregelung von Vakuumkammern bei einem Kletterroboter.
- Pose Estimation in Rough Terrain for the Outdoor Vehicle RAVON.
Proceedings for the joint conference of ISR 2006 and ROBOTIK 2006, Vol. 1956, S. 1956 - 1965. (2006-May 15-17)
- RAVON - A Robust Autonomous Vehicle for Off-road Navigation.
European Land Robot Trial - ELROB, (2006-May)
- Fault-Tolerant 3D Localization for Outdoor Vehicles.
IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), S. 941 - 946. (2006-October 9-15)
- Simulation and Visualization of Indoor-Acoustics for Robot Control.
9th IASTED International Conference on Computer Graphics and Imaging (CGIM), (2007-February 13-15)
- Emotional Architecture for the Humanoid Robot Head ROMAN.
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), S. 2150 - 2155. (2007-April 11-13)
- Mechatronics of the Humanoid Robot ROMAN.
Proceedings of the International Workshop on Robot Motion and Control (RoMoCo), S. 341 - 348. (2007-June 11-13)
- Improvements of the Performances of Humanoid Robot ROMAN.
Proceedings of the IEEE IFAC International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics (MMAR), S. 935 - 940. (2007-August 27-30)
- Visual-Based Emotion Detection for Natural Man-Machine Interaction.
31st Annual German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI), (2008)
- Gesture based Interaction with the Humanoid Robot ROMAN.
3rd International Workshop on Intelligent Robotics (IROBOT), (2008-14-18 October 2008)
- Realization of Natural Interaction Dialogs in Public Environments using the Humanoid Robot ROMAN.
Proceedings of the IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids), S. 579 - 584. (2008-December 1-3)
- 3D Audio Perception System for Humanoid Robots.
Proceedings of the International Conferences on Advances in Computer-Human Interactions (ACHI), S. 181 - 186. (2009-February 1-7)
- Perception System for Naturally Interacting Humanoid Robots.
Künstliche Intelligenz (KI), Vol. 1/09, (2009)
- A Simulation Framework for Human-Robot Interaction.
Proceedings of the International Conferences on Advances in Computer-Human Interactions (ACHI), S. 79 - 84. (2010-February 10-16)
- Human Head Pose Estimation using Multi-Appearance Features.
33rd Annual German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI), Nr. 36, (2010-September 21-24)
- Cooperação entre homens e robôs baseado em reconhecimento de gestos.
IX Simpósio Brasileiro de Automação Inteligente (SBAI), (2009-December)
- Towards Social Robots. Designing an Emotion-based Architecture.
International Journal of Social Robotics, Vol. 3, Nr. 3, S. 273 - 290. (2011)
- Dynamic Modeling of Communication Partners for Socially Interactive Humanoid Robots.
- Perception Systems for Naturally Interacting Humanoid Robots.
IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN), S. 425 - 432. (2011-July 31 - August 3)
- Development of a Simulated Environment for Human-Robot Interaction.
Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering - Special Section on Robotics, Vol. 9, Nr. 3, S. 465 - 472. (2011)
- Playing Tangram with the Humanoid Robot ROMAN.
Proceedings of the German Conference on Robotics (ROBOTIK), S. 18 - 23. (2012-May 21-22)