Steffen Hemer studied applied computer science at TU Kaiserslautern from 2006 to 2015. Already since 2008, he cares for the school courses of the Robotics Research Lab and wrote his bachelor thesis about the development of a LeJOS simulation for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT robots. He finished his postgraduate studies with the thesis "Trajectory Planning for Typical Excavation Tasks". Since 2015 he is working as PhD student in the Robotics Research Lab and continues research on the automation of a backhoe loader.
- Autonome Off-Road Navigation von Nutzfahrzeugen. Erfahrungsbericht und Testergebnisse des CVC-Leitprojekts zum autonomen Fahrbetrieb von Nutzfahrzeugen im Off-Road-Bereich.
CVC News, Vol. 1, S. 4 - 10. (2020)
- Evolution of robotic simulators. Using UE 4 to enable real-world quality testing of complex autonomous robots in unstructured environments.
Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Simulation and Modeling Methodologies, Technologies and Applications (SIMULTECH 2020), S. 271 - 278. (2020)
- Autonomous trenching with hierarchically organized primitives.
Automation in Construction, Vol. 98, S. 214 - 224. (2019)
- Backhoe Bucket Volume and Trench Monitoring using a Time-of-Flight Camera.
7. Fachtagung Baumaschinentechnik 2018, (2018)
- A Behavior-based Architecture for Excavation Tasks.
34th International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC), S. 1005 - 1012. (2017)
- Autonomous Backhoe Loader.
6. Fachtagung Baumaschinentechnik 2015, Vol. 49, S. 351 - 366. (2015)