Tobias Groll has studied computer science at the University of Kaiserslautern from 2008 till 2015. He completed his master studies with the master thesis "Backhoe Loader Control". His objective during his thesis was to control the arm of a backhoe loader vehicle. Since February 2015, he is a doctoral fellow at the Robotics Research Lab.
- A Hierarchical Approach for Autonomous Planning and Execution of Excavation Tasks.
- Evolution of robotic simulators. Using UE 4 to enable real-world quality testing of complex autonomous robots in unstructured environments.
Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Simulation and Modeling Methodologies, Technologies and Applications (SIMULTECH 2020), S. 271 - 278. (2020)
- Autonomous trenching with hierarchically organized primitives.
Automation in Construction, Vol. 98, S. 214 - 224. (2019)
- Backhoe Bucket Volume and Trench Monitoring using a Time-of-Flight Camera.
7. Fachtagung Baumaschinentechnik 2018, (2018)
- A Behavior-based Architecture for Excavation Tasks.
34th International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC), S. 1005 - 1012. (2017)
- Autonomous Backhoe Loader.
6. Fachtagung Baumaschinentechnik 2015, Vol. 49, S. 351 - 366. (2015)