Sarwar Paplu completed B.Sc in Computer Science (CS) from the University of Chittagong and M.Sc in CS from TU Kaiserslautern (TUK). The topic of his Master thesis was "Personality Traits Recognition in the Context of Human-Robot Interaction". Presently, he is a PhD fellow at the Robotics Research Lab (RRLab), TUK. Previously, he worked as a lecturer in Bangladesh.
He is working on the development of a robot control architecture for a socially interactive robot named ROBIN, taking perceptual, memory and reasoning aspects into account. Based on the perception of the nonverbal cues of an interaction partner, the robot is now capable of showing appropriate reactions in specific scenarios. Textual as well as verbal interaction has been implemented with a speech recognition system integrated. Various aspects of natural language processing have been incorporated with the system. His recent research focuses on a scientific framework triggering the improvement of linguistic as well as cognitive skills of the humanoid robot.
- Adapting Behaviour of Socially Interactive Robot based on Text Sentiment.
30th International Conference on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region (RAAD), Vol. Advances in Service and Industrial Robotics, S. 221 - 228. (2021)
- Exploiting Conversational Topic Awareness for Interactive Robots.
Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR), S. 474 - 479. (2021)
- Towards Linguistic and Cognitive Competence for Socially Interactive Robots.
Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications (RITA), Nr. 429, S. 520 - 530. (2021)
- Utilizing Semantic and Contextual Information during Human-Robot Interaction.
Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning (ICDL), S. 1 - 6. (2021)
- Pseudo-Randomization in Automating Robot Behaviour during Human-Robot Interaction.
Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning and Epigenetic Robotics (ICDL-ER), S. 120 - 125. (2020)
- Automatic Assessment of Human Personality Traits. A Step towards Intelligent Human-Robot Interaction.
2018 IEEE-RAS 18th International Conference on Humanoid Robotics (Humanoids), S. 670 - 675. (2018)
- Personality Traits Recognition in Context of Human-Robot Interaction.
- Real-time Recognition of Extroversion-Introversion Trait in Context of Human-Robot Interaction.
Advances in Service and Industrial Robotics, Vol. 67, S. 63 - 70. (2018)