Sarwar Paplu completed B.Sc in Computer Science (CS) from the University of Chittagong and M.Sc in CS from TU Kaiserslautern (TUK). His Master's thesis focuses on the assessment of human personality traits in the context of Human-Robot Interaction. In April 2023, he submitted his PhD thesis titled "Personalized Human-Robot Interaction Based on Multimodal Perceptual Cues". The work addresses the generation of personalized robot behavior to establish long-term relationships with humans. Presently, he is working as a researcher at the Robotics Research Lab (RRLab), University of Kaiserslautern-Landau. Previously, he worked as a lecturer in Bangladesh.
He is working on the development of a robot control architecture for a socially interactive robots named ROBIN and Emah, taking perceptual, memory and cognitive aspects into account. Based on the perception of verbal and non-verbal cues, the robots can establish fluid interactions with humans. With the integration of a speech recognition system, various aspects of natural language processing have been incorporated with the system. He is also involved with an autonomous shuttle bus (AutoBus) project in which he is incorporating various interaction aspects for the bus.
- Harnessing Long-term Memory for Personalized Human-Robot Interactions.
Proceedings of the 21st IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids), S. 377 - 382. (2022)
- Multimodal Perceptual Cues for Context-aware Human-Robot Interaction.
The Joint International Conference of the 13th IFToMM International Symposium on Science of Mechanisms and Machines (SYROM 2022) and the XXV International Conference on Robotics (ROBOTICS 2022), Vol. 127, S. 283 - 294. (2022)
- Paralinguistic Cues in Speech to Adapt Robot Behavior in Human-Robot Interaction.
Proceedings of the 9th IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics & Biomechatronics (BioRob), (2022)
- Adapting Behaviour of Socially Interactive Robot based on Text Sentiment.
30th International Conference on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region (RAAD), Vol. Advances in Service and Industrial Robotics, S. 221 - 228. (2021)
- Exploiting Conversational Topic Awareness for Interactive Robots.
Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR), S. 474 - 479. (2021)
- Towards Linguistic and Cognitive Competence for Socially Interactive Robots.
Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications (RITA), Nr. 429, S. 520 - 530. (2021)
- Utilizing Semantic and Contextual Information during Human-Robot Interaction.
Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning (ICDL), S. 1 - 6. (2021)
- Pseudo-Randomization in Automating Robot Behaviour during Human-Robot Interaction.
Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning and Epigenetic Robotics (ICDL-ER), S. 120 - 125. (2020)
- Automatic Assessment of Human Personality Traits. A Step towards Intelligent Human-Robot Interaction.
2018 IEEE-RAS 18th International Conference on Humanoid Robotics (Humanoids), S. 670 - 675. (2018)
- Personality Traits Recognition in Context of Human-Robot Interaction.
- Real-time Recognition of Extroversion-Introversion Trait in Context of Human-Robot Interaction.
Advances in Service and Industrial Robotics, Vol. 67, S. 63 - 70. (2018)