Axel Vierling started, after his A-levels in 2011, to study mathematics from 2011 till 2017 with the specialization "Modeling & Scientific Computing" at the Technische Universität Kaiserslautern. He completed
his study with his master thesis “Markov Jump Linear Systems in Wireless Communication” in the Technomathematics group.
Since April 2017 Axel Vierling is a PhD-student in the Robotics Research Lab and since April 2018 he is a research associate. His main research interests are the intelligent perception of the environment via neural networks and especially possible verification approaches. Motivating applications are camera-based assistance systems in commercial vehicles. Here the main focus is the detection of persons from a birds-eye-view.
- Extending Skills of Autonomous Off-Road Robots on the Example of Behavior-Based Edge Compaction in a Road Construction Scenario.
Commercial Vehicle Technology 2020/2021. Proceedings of the 6th Commercial Vehicle Technology Symposium – CVT 2020/2021, (2021)
- Advanced scene aware navigation for the heavy duty off-road vehicle Unimog.
The 9th International Conference on Advanced Concepts in Mechanical Engineering – ACME 2020. IOP Conference Series, Vol. 997, S. 1 - 18. (2020)
- Autonomous Off-Road Navigation using Near-Feature-Based World Knowledge Incorporation on the Example of Forest Path Detection.
Preprint submitted to Robotics and Autonomous Systems, (2020)
- Data-Driven Worker Detection from Load-View Crane Camera.
Proceedings of the 37th International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC), S. 864 - 871. (2020)
- Multi-Modal Depth Estimation Using Convolutional Neural Networks.
2020 IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics (SSRR), (2020)
- RADAR+RGB Fusion for Robust Object Detection in Autonomous Vehicles.
Proceedings of the 27th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), (2020)
- Simulation Platform for Crane Visibility Safety Assistance.
Advances in Service and Industrial Robotics, Vol. 84, (2020)
- Towards High-Quality Road Construction. Using Autonomous Tandem Rollers for Asphalt Compaction Optimization.
Proceedings of the 37th International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC), S. 90 - 97. (2020)
- Dataset Generation Using A Simulated World.
Advances in Service and Industrial Robotics Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region (RAAD 2019), S. 505 - 513. (2019)
- Crane safety system with monocular and controlled zoom cameras.
Proceedings of the 35th ISARC, Berlin, Germany, S. 873 - 879. (2018)
- Numerical solution of Lyapunov equations related to Markov jump linear systems.
Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications, Vol. 25, Nr. 6, S. e2113. (2018)
- Markov Jump Linear Systems In Wireless Communication.
- MPC in Echtzeit, Matlab MPC Toolbox.