Patrick Vonwirth has studied computer science at the Technische Universität Kaiserslautern. During his studies he focused on software-engineering and robotics research, especially in the fields of humanoid robotics and artificial locomotion. With his master thesis 'Modular Control Architecture for Bipedal Walking on a Single Compliant Leg', he finished his regular studies and starts to continue and deepen his research as a PhD student in the Robotics Research Lab.
His research interests are located in the field of humanoid robotics, focusing on bio- and physiologically-inspired actuations systems, control architectures and behaviors of bipedal robots.
- Bio-Inspired Imprecise Impedance Control of Muscle-Driven Robotic Limbs.
Robotics in Natural Settings, Vol. 530, S. 42 - 53. (2023)
- Continuous Inverse Kinematics in Singular Position.
Robotics for Sustainable Future, Vol. 324, S. 24 - 36. (2022)
- Biologically Inspired Bipedal Locomotion - From Control Concept to Human-Like Biped.
Proceedings of 14th International Conference on Electromechanics and Robotics “Zavalishin’s Readings”, S. 3 - 14. (2020)
- SLIP-Based Concept of Combined Limb and Body Control of Force-Driven Robots.
Advances in Service and Industrial Robotics, Vol. 84, S. 547 - 556. (2020)
- Technical Advantages and Disadvantages of Biarticular Actuators in Bipedal robots.
Robots in Human Life Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Climbing and Walking Robots and the support Technologies for Mobile Machines, S. 166 - 174. (2020)
- Design of the musculoskeletal leg CARL based on the physiology of mono-articular and biarticular muscles in the human leg.
Bioinspiration & biomimetics, Vol. 14, Nr. 6, S. 066002. (2019)
- Coordination of the Biarticular Actuators Based on Instant Power in an Explosive Jump Experiment.
IEEE International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), (2018)
- Moment Arm Analysis of the Biarticular Actuators in Compliant Robotic Leg CARL.
Conference on Biomimetic and Biohybrid Systems, S. 348 - 360. (2018)
- CARL – A Compliant Robotic Leg Featuring Mono- and Biarticular Actuation.
IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, S. 289 - 296. (2017)
- Modular Control Architecture for Bipedal Walking on a Single Compliant Leg.