Steffen Hemer studied applied computer science at TU Kaiserslautern from 2006 to 2015. Already since 2008, he cares for the school courses of the Robotics Research Lab and wrote his bachelor thesis about the development of a LeJOS simulation for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT robots. He finished his postgraduate studies with the thesis "Trajectory Planning for Typical Excavation Tasks". Since 2015 he is working as PhD student in the Robotics Research Lab and continues research on the automation of a backhoe loader.
- Autonomous trenching with hierarchically organized primitives.
Automation in Construction, Vol. 98, S. 214 - 224. (2019)
- Backhoe Bucket Volume and Trench Monitoring using a Time-of-Flight Camera.
7. Fachtagung Baumaschinentechnik 2018, (2018-September 20–21)
- A Behavior-based Architecture for Excavation Tasks.
34th International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC), S. 1005 - 1012. (2017-June 28-July 1)
- Startklar für die Formula Student Driverless.
ATZ extra, Vol. 05/2016, S. 10 - 14. (2016-November 01)
- Autonomous Backhoe Loader.
6. Fachtagung Baumaschinentechnik 2015, Vol. 49, S. 351 - 366. (2015-September 16–18)
- Trajectory Planning for Typical Excavation Tasks.
- Application Scenario for an Automated Backhoe Loader.
- Entwicklung einer LeJOS-Simulation für Lego Mindstorms NXT-Roboter.